Tuesday 30 October 2012

#NHBPM 3rd November

I don't know about this, but I'd like to..

I couldn't pin-point one thing in particular for this post. Probably because the truth is, I'd like to know EVERYTHING there is to know about my condition.
This thirst for knowledge has grown more so since my surgery last year. A once squeamish woman has been replaced by a ghoulish and diseased woman with an insatiable appetite for the operating table.
I've become fascinated by the ins and outs of my body. Pre-Crohn's, I couldn't have imagined being remotely interested in the workings of a common human - far les my own insides. I took as little interest as I could in my body and certainly would not have thanked any doctor who may have gone over the 'too much information' line.
Since having been diagnosed and more so after my operation, I have a compulsion to learn all I can. Mainly, no doubt, as I now feel forewarned is forearmed. If I know what may happen in the future I may be able to arm myself against, at the very least, the worst of it.
Now, when a doctor mentions something relating to my condition, rather than just let it fly over my head, and spend the rest of the day wondering what in the name of the wee man he was talking about, I instead will ask him to repeat himself, and explain what this means, and more importantly, what it all means for my bowels.
This helps me understand WHY things are going wrong and what I can do to help. All of which may not ease my bowels, but it certainly helps to easy a worried and confused mind.

This post was written as part of WEGO Health #NHBPM - 30 posts in 30 days

No comments:

Post a Comment