Saturday 31 March 2012

Heath Time Capsule #HAWMC

I'm excited to be participating in WEGO Health's month of posts again this year! The challenge is to post each day during the month of April using prompts sent to us from WEGO themselves. So as it is April 1st, here is my 1st post!

'Health Time Capsule. Pretend you’re making a time capsule of you & your health focus that won’t be opened until 2112. What’s in it? What would people think of it when they found it?'

So if I had to create a time capsule relating to myself and my health, the main thing I reckon that would need to go in would be my blog. Quite how the mechanics of that would work i'm not so sure - print out the pages? List the web address for people in 100years time to try and dechiper?
The blog would have to be the main thing as it contains (so far) over a years worth of information and experiences around my life with Crohn's Disease. A vital tool for future generations to establish how far they have come (i hope).
I'd include some pictures and photos of myself and my family, a loo roll for people of the future to LOL at (I assume in the future there will be some incredibly high tech way to wipe ones backside, or at least a robot will do it for you?) I'd also list the name of the amazing surgeon who performed my operation and the wonderful consultant who has gone beyond the call of duty to help me get well. I'd want them to be remembered as truly great women who really helped others.
I'd list the day to day trials of dealing with and living with Crohn's and not sugar-coat it. I'd try to explain how it feels (felt) to deal with a crohnic illness and how it wasn't the end of my life - just the beginning of a difficult part of it.
I'd hope the people who discovered my time capsule in 100years can look at my experiences and laugh a little, as at that stage, they would've found a cure.



Post written as part of WEGO Health #HAWMC

No comments:

Post a Comment