Friday 4 November 2011

What happens when you press "Publish"

I love blogging. It was my younger brothers idea I start the blog. He suggested it would be a good way to keep my mind active and off-load after my operation in Jan this year. I had 4 long months watching daytime tv ahead of me, so anything to keep me from becoming a gibbering fool seemed a great prospect. I wrote my 1st post in Feb and only my family and a few friends had read it. They gave me great feedback so I gained the confidence after writing a few more, to post to a wider audience. I posted the links to my posts on Facebook and Twitter then later set up my own Facebook page specifically for the blog. ('Crohnological Order' thanks for asking ;) ) 
When more and more people began to read my posts I was thrilled! I've yet to receive any negative feedback (although I reckon people are just too polite) and I've met some great people online who have become friends now not just readers. 
I am a bit of a spelling obsessive so I hate myself intensely when I spot a mistake after I've published a post. If I didn't have an arthritic leg I'd be kicking it constantly. I'm often too over-excited to share my post with the world that I don't read it over again. School-girl error. 
 I started with a couple of views a day and now people from over 30countries read my blog and I usually get between 40-100 views per day. Very exciting to me in my little part of the world. 
It's genuinely enjoyable for me writing the blog and thrilling when I receive feedback or am contacted by a reader. So I'll keep writing as I've a lifetime of Crohn's tales still to come. 


This post was written as part of NHBPM - 30 health posts in 30 days

2 comments:

  1. Like you, I am thrilled that people want to read what I write. Also, getting to know others especially those who understand your health limitations is one of the best things that has come out of blogging for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathleen Nicholls9 November 2011 at 11:51

    Thats exactly how I feel Lana, its enjoyable in itself and the idea it helps others to understand is a wonderful bonus :)

    ReplyDelete