Thursday 17 November 2011

Let It Be

This post was to be written about something that bothers me. The truth is, since being diagnosed with Crohn's, and especially after having my operation, a LOT of things that used to wind me up something rotten just don't do it for me anymore. Little things used to make me so uptight and filled with frustration. Little things like people being rude, people abusing me over the phone at work, someone walking far too slow in a shopping centre.. No, sorry the last one still drives me temporarily insane.
I think having gone through a year or so of intense pain, illness and eventually recovering from an operation, I just don't feel the need to sweat the same small stuff anymore. This is a great positive to come from a crap situation. My outlook on life seems to have changed almost completely. It really is true that a traumatic event can help you put things in perspective, and I'm slowly coming to realise getting two yards in front of an old lady in the supermarket is really NOT that important. (although it is an absolute BONUS getting that discounted bit of steak first..;) )

This post is written as part of NHBPM - 30 health posts in 30 days

1 comment: